Zum Hauptinhalt springen

Über das Nordico

What kinds of items do peop­le stock­pi­le and in what socie­tal con­text? Lin­z’s uni­ver­sal collec­tor Hof­rat Anton Maxi­mi­li­an Pachin­ger’s mate­ri­al data­ba­se is to be view­ed in the con­text of going from collec­ting mere neces­se­ties to anything collec­ti­ble. This collec­tion laid the foun­da­ti­ons of the City Muse­um. For­ty-five years ago, it found a won­der­ful home here in the Nordico.


In the exhi­bi­ti­on 100% LINZ. Kalei­do­scope of a City, we pre­sent a cross-sec­tion of the collec­tion covering the rela­ti­ons bet­ween ever­y­day life, art and the histo­ry of the city.

Andrea Bina
Head of Nordico Stadt­mu­se­um Linz

Histo­ry

The Stadt­mu­se­um Linz, ope­ned in 1973, has a spe­cial place in the Upper Aus­tri­an muse­um sce­ne: it con­tains a rich collec­tion of art, pho­to­gra­phy, archaeo­lo­gi­cal fin­dings and folk­lo­re arte­facts. The muse­um is loca­ted in the town hall quar­ter on Dametz­stra­ße, named after mayor Josef Dametz. It was desi­gned in 1610 by the Ita­li­an archi­tect Fran­ces­co Sil­va as a sub­ur­ban manor for the Krems­müns­ter Abbey. The name Nordico ori­gi­na­tes from when the Jesuits ran the house as Col­le­gi­um Nor­di­cum for pupils from Scan­di­na­via. The boar­ding school was clo­sed by Josef II. In 1911 the city of Linz acqui­red the buil­ding, which was repeated­ly used as a living resi­dence.

The Nordico City Muse­um – a net­wor­ked, lively place of sto­ry­tel­ling and inno­va­ti­ve muse­um work is also a place of lear­ning and edu­ca­ti­on and stands for Lin­z’s iden­ti­ty in the con­text of the city­’s histo­ry. Con­ti­nuous­ly pro­du­ced fil­mic por­traits of con­tem­pora­ries, a book edi­ti­on and art and cul­tu­ral edu­ca­ti­on are essen­ti­al com­pon­ents of the exhibitions.

Diese Website verwendet Cookies um das Nutzererlebnis zu verbessern. Mehr dazu